Tuesday 28 September 2010

Origin

Made not manufactured

Tomorrow I am off to Origin: The London Craft Fair at Old Spitalfield's Market and I can't wait!

I'm looking forward to being wowed and inspired by all the amazing designs, jewellery and textiles on show. I've been working so much on my own designs recently that it will be interesting to see what other people are up to. I always find it so uplifting to see other people's ideas, creativity and talent- especially when it is in more of a craft context.

I'm particularly looking forward to seeing Abigail Brown's beautiful textile bird creations. I've already seen some of the smaller ones in Selvedge's shop on Archway Road and they look so lovingly handmade and full of personality.

I was also really pleased to see that there is a great range of textile designers who are experimenting with and combining print and stitch which is always a plus in my book and very close to my own interests.


origin

origin

origin

origin

origin

origin

origin

origin

Top to bottom: Abigail Brown, Helen Beard, Becky Adams, Caren Garfen, Maxine Sutton, Lowrie Davies, Ollie Zwitserlood, Thornback & Peel





1 comment:

  1. Lovely blog here sophie, I adore Abigail brown's birds! Great to see your outfits too, those trousers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete